Hypoglycemia is a condition in which blood sugar levels are lower than the normal healthy levels. One of the main sources of energy is glucose which is derived from carbohydrates. Foods like potatoes, fruits, rice and the likes of dairy products are rich in carbohydrates and very important, so if you are looking for natural remedies for low blood sugar (which I guess you are) then this is the best place to start.
There is a lot of information we could cover here today about low blood sugar but we have to assume you already have this information if you already know you have low blood sugar in the first place. Today is all about listing the best natural remedies for blood sugar and nothing more.
Natural Remedies for Low Blood Sugar
Natural Remedy – 1:
Try the following herbs as they have been known to work wonders for normalizing blood sugar levels..
- Angostura Bitters
- Gentian Root
- Artichoke Leaf
- Gymnema Sylvestre (prevents blood sugar fluctuations by suppressing the intestinal absorbtion of saccharides.
- Uva Ursi
- Rasberry leaves
- Dandelion Root (supports the liver & pancreas and is an excellent source of calcium)
Natural Remedy – 2:
Natural food sweeteners like stevia which is another herb but comes in a liquid form. Stevia is 200 times sweeter than sugar. Barley malt syrup, brown rice syrup and molasses will do just fine also.
Natural Remedy – 3:
Vitamins A,D and C complex have been known to help with low blood sugar levels by increasing sugar and carbohydrate tolerance and normalizing sugar metabolism. These can be taken in very high doses so are great natural remedies for low blood sugar.
Natural Remedy – 4
An apple a day keeps the doctor away is not just an old wives tale. Eating two apples including peel, can be very beneficial when combating low blood sugar.
Natural Remedy – 5:
This is not a remedy you take, but on what best to avoid..
- Decrease the intake of salt as it can lead to low blood sugar
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid Flour (and all flour based products)
- Try to stay away from processed foods and refined sugars as much as you can
- Avoid stress (of course this is easier than it sounds but it is important to watch your stress levels as they contribute to low blood sugar